Friday, November 7, 2014

Scarves

Berliners love their scarves. I'm not much of a scarf person. I own a few, but I don't really like having things up around my neck. But here in Berlin, wearing a scarf is kind of like wearing shoes - you don't walk around without one. Puffy, slim, bright, patterned, silky, wooly, men, women and children. If we're going to fit in here we all may have to do some scarf shopping...

I took all these pictures within a span of about 10 minutes. I didn't get too many men or children, presumably because most of the men were at work and children at school, but believe me they are well represented in the scarf-wearing crowd. Apologies to the individuals photographed since I shot these all surreptitiously...


 







Of course almost all the mannequins in the store windows are sporting scarves.




These are the scarf aisles in one of the stores

1 comment: