Thursday, March 12, 2015

Odds and Ends

Here's a quick rundown on what's happening these days and what's coming up, for those of you keeping track:


  • Tomorrow night we have our first dinner guests. And yes, I'm writing this blog when I should be preparing the house. Probably a late night tonight. It's a family that we really like - Mom, Dad, 2 sons - from our church.
  • Next week we are excited to host a young adult from Uganda for 6 days. She is a former street child who has been helped by a project that the kids' school supports, and she is spending a week in Berlin to work in the kindergarten. 
  • Our bed will be delivered next Tuesday, the day Faridah arrives! I am thrilled. We are still waiting for the bathroom cabinet (should have been here by now) and the couch and chair (expected in another 2 weeks or so).
  • Yesterday I toured the Berlin Philharmonic with the Berlin's Best group from school. It was very interesting, both historically and acoustically. Dan and I are trying to put some date nights on the calendar and get to the Philharmonic for one of them, but tickets sell out months in advance.
  • Saturday we are going to a St. Patrick's Day potluck hosted by the Catholic and Protestant American churches. Feels like home! Afterwards, I have been invited to my first girls' get-together. One of the girls from my Friday morning running group has invited us over for wine, fondue and board games. Fun!
  • I just started studying for my driver's license exam. There are 944 questions to memorize the answers to. More on driving in a later post, I hope.
  • Haley is now singing in the BIS choir and really likes it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment