No time for details, just giving a few highlights since I've been away for quite a while. Life is super busy right now with essential move-in tasks but also my social calendar has been heating up. I'm amazed at how quickly I am meeting people and putting get-togethers on my calendar. More details later.
Today I accomplished a HUGE task I have been working on for days: I found mattresses for us and set up a delivery date! This is the bare minimum that we need to be able to move into our house on Dec. 15. I am officially receiving the keys on Dec. 11 and our shipment is also supposed to arrive that day, but we don't expect delivery until the 15th. Still no firm commitment even for that date.
The weather has turned frigid! Now I'm no longer making fun of people bundled up in scarves and full-length down coats. It has consistently been about 27 F with a stiff wind. Berlin has a wetter feel, so this temperature feels MUCH colder here than it did in Missoula. We went yesterday late afternoon to our very first Christmas market and we wore every layer we had and Haley and I were so cold we had to leave after an hour and a half or so. Brrrrr....
Tomorrow is my German language class at the kids' school, then shopping for home electronics, then open house at the school library. Wednesday I have an all-day outing with parents from the school. Thursday I will be furniture shopping and Friday I'm test-driving the Volkswagen Touran that we are looking to buy.
I'll have LOTS of topics to blog about once we finally get settled and I get to spend some time sitting down in one place again!
Jem--you are getting it all together in record time! Hooray for all the Cripes! Stay warm. It was cold and damp in Seattle for Thanksgiving and cold in Missoula when we got back home. I'm looking forward to heading South--old lady that I have become........
ReplyDeletetry German lightweight thermal underwear modulates itself comfortable indoors toasty warm outside you may already be using them.. I loved mine in Fulda too cold for words
ReplyDelete